The all in one cataract planning platform
Spectacle independence is the goal of cataract surgery today, Lenstar provides all the data and state-of-the-art IOL formulae required to achieve this!
Lenstar provides highly accurate laser optic measurements for every section of the eye −from the cornea to the retina− and is the first optical biometer on the market that can measure the thickness of the crystalline lens. With its integrated Olsen formula and the optional Toric Planner featuring the Barrett Toric Calculator, Lenstar provides the user with latest technology in IOL prediction for any patient.
LENSTAR® provides you with a complete biometrical assessment of the patient’s eye—seven measurements—in a single procedure, including:
- Lens Thickness
- Axial Length
- White to White
- Get an in-depth looks at these measurements.
- Complete optical biometry for better outcomes – Precise measurement of the entire eye − from cornea to retina − is key to achieving optimal IOL prediction accuracy in surgery. The Lenstar is the first optical biometer to provide the surgeon with all the measurements necessary to take full advantage of the latest IOL prediction methods, such as the Barrett and Olsen formulae, now integral to the Lenstar.
- Efficiency & precision – With APS, taking biometry measurements has never been easier. Biometry at a single click on the joystick saves time and increases patient and user comfort.
- Reliable & easy to delegate – more efficient – Lenstar APS improves the repeatability of measurements assisting the user with the fine alignment of the device and allows easy to delegate biometry for efficient patient flow in your practice. The Automated Positioning System of the Lenstar APS assists the user during the measurement process with dynamic eye tracking. This feature is combined with Lenstar’s superior measurement technology providing axial measurements of the entire eye, dual zone autokeratometry and optional topography for best IOL prediction in all eyes.
- Perfect K values – best toric results – The Lenstar features dual zone keratometry or T-Cone topography for precise astigmatism and axis measurement. The integrated Barret Toric Calculator predicts toric IOL, considering the posterior cornea for best refractive outcomes.
- Improved outcomes with dual zone keratometry – Lenstar’s unique dual zone keratometry provides measurement of the axis and astigmatism, equivalent to the “Gold Standard” manual keratometry recommended for toric IOL by manufacturers. The closely spaced 32 measurement point pattern improves precision, both delivering more data and minimizing the need for software data interpolation.
- Topography for torics – match the axis – With the optional T-Cone toric platform, the axis and astigmatism measurement of Lenstar is extended with true 11-ring Placido topography. This additional data improves the efficacy and safety of toric IOL surgery, eliminating the risk of irregularities and allowing the user to double check the axis location.