The YC-200 S plus Ophthalmic YAG and SLT Laser System from Nidek Co. Ltd. incorporate new optical design, engineering and software advances to ensure precise targeting of pathology.
The systems ensure efficacious treatments and enhance surgeon visualization of laser delivery. Resolution and contrast are optimized, and an expanded focal depth and natural-colored, bright LED illumination provide clear views of the pathology and treatment. Two rotatable aiming beams for YAG mode and a parfocal aiming beam for SLT mode help surgeons accurately target pathology.
1.6 mJ plasma is achieved in air, allowing for robust, homogeneous laser energy delivery. The YC-200 S plus offers an advanced SLT mode that includes SLT-NAVI, which is an intuitive display of real-time laser treatment.
- Refined laser delivery with lower energy: The YC-200 S plus achieves 1.6 mJ plasma threshold in air*1, delivering accurate and robust treatments with lower energy.
*1 A plasma threshold of 1.6 mJ is achieved in ordinary room conditions (in-house data).
- SLT mode: The YC-200 S plus offers an advanced SLT mode. SLT is highly effective for treating open angle glaucoma.
- SLT-NAVI feature that presents an intuitive display of the progress of the laser treatment assists the surgeon during treatment
- A Cornea Friendly 5.5 Degree cone angle reduces the energy density on the cornea to less than 1/3 that of other SLTs
- Clear and sharp field of view: An improved optical design that optimizes resolution and contrast, and an expanded focal depth provide a clear view of pathology and treatment. A unique illumination system with an LED light source results in a bright, near-natural view that minimizes aberration. The sharp, clear optics provide an enhanced view of the treatment area.
- Precise aiming beam: Motorized rotatable aiming beam (YAG mode) The dual aiming beam offers superior targeting with a 360° rotating aiming beam that can avoid corneal opacities and achieve more accurate focusing. Precise edge aiming beam (SLT mode*) Parfocality delivers a clear view for easier focusing of the aiming beam through the contact lens.
- Optimized operating distance: Maximized working distance allows easier manipulation of the contact lens, and the short operating distance decreases surgeon fatigue during treatment.
*Operating distance denotes the distance from the microscope eyepiece to the patient’s eye.
- Unique joystick: Utility S-switch
The S-switch on the joystick changes treatment settings without shifting gaze from the oculars. The ease of use allows surgeons an increased level of comfort during treatment.