The YC-200 ND: Opthalmic YAG Laser System from Nidek Co. Ltd. incorporates new optical design, engineering and software advances to ensure precise targeting of pathology.
The systems ensure efficacious treatments and enhance surgeon visualization of laser delivery. Resolution and contrast are optimized, and an expanded focal depth and natural-colored, bright LED illumination provide clear views of the pathology and treatment.
1.6 mJ plasma is achieved in air, allowing for robust, homogeneous laser energy delivery.
- Refined laser delivery with lower energy – The YC-200 achieves 1.6 mJ plasma threshold in air*1, delivering accurate and robust treatments with lower energy.
*1 A plasma threshold of 1.6 mJ is achieved in ordinary room conditions (in-house data).
- Improved Optical Performance that optimizes resolution and contrast – Clear and sharp field of view – An improved optical design that optimizes resolution and contrast, and an expanded focal depth provide a clear view of pathology and treatment. A unique illumination system with an LED light source results in a bright, near-natural view that minimizes aberration. The sharp, clear optics provide an enhanced view of the treatment area.
- Precise aiming beam – Motorized rotatable aiming beam (YAG mode) – The dual aiming beam offers superior targeting with a 360° rotating aiming beam that can avoid corneal opacities and achieve more accurate focusing.
- Optimized operating distance – Maximized working distance allows easier manipulation of the contact lens, and the short operating distance decreases surgeon fatigue during treatment.
*Operating distance denotes the distance from the microscope eyepiece to the patient’s eye.
- Unique joystick – Utility S-switch: The S-switch on the joystick changes treatment settings without shifting gaze from the oculars. The ease of use allows surgeons an increased level of comfort during treatment.