The NIDEK HandyRef Handheld Refractometer is lightweight and compact. Additionally, the intelligently designed button layout is ideal for one-handed operation.
- Anytime-anywhre handheld measurement – The HandyRef is lightweight and also has excellent weight distribution. Its compact design makes it easy to hold, balance, and use. Intelligently designed button layout is also useful in one-handed operation.
- Full graphic LCD with 3.5″ color screen – The full graphic 3.5-inch color LCD is 40% larger than the previous model. Clear screen design and intuitive icons similar to the ARK-1/AR-1 series provide high user-friendliness.
- Supine position mode – By tilting the instrument 60º or more downward, it enters supine position mode automatically. When measuring from patient’s side, the cylinder axis is compensated by 90º before display.
- Melody function – For inexperienced patients like children, the melody function can be of help. It can ease patient’s anxiety and draw attention.
- Pupil zone imaging method – The HandyRef analyzes a wide area (Max. 4 mm diameter) pupil zone. By measuring the light coming through the pupil zone in a wide area, more accurate measurement data closer to the subjective refraction is now possible.
- SynchroScan technology – The HandyRef adopted an excellent measurement method; “SynchroScan Technology”. Measurements start when the alignment starts, and locks in the data when alignment becomes optimal as a measurement value. It provides a more stable measurement value more effectively and efficiently.
- Auto shot mode – When the alignment/focusing becomes optimal, the HandyRef gets the measurement data automatically. If unstable data is included, additional measurement automatically starts.