The NIDEK AR-1a Auto Refractometer offers accurate refraction measurement. It also features simple opacity assessment with retroillumination image and patient-friendly accomofation measurement.
- Large pupil zone imaging method – The large pupil zone imaging method enables the measurement of wide area refraction of up to 6 mm diameter and can indicate the difference between the wide area refraction and central area refraction of up to 3.5 mm diameter.
- SLD and highly sensitive CCD – The system combining the Super Luminescent Diode (SLD) and highly sensitive CCD significantly improves measurement capability even in dense cataractous eyes.
- Optimal fogging to minimize accommodation – Fogging allows the patient to view the target clearly and minimizes the interference with accommodation even in high astigmatism.
- Simple opacity assessment with retroillumination image – The retroillumination image enables the observation of opacity of the optical media of the eye.
- Patient-friendly accomodation measurement – Objective measurement of accommodation is performed with patient’s focusing on a target which moves from distance to near.