About Light Modulation ® LLLT
Eye-light’s patented photobiomodulation technology solicits cells’ mitochondria, triggering biochemical and biophysical reactions that stimulate them to a better protein synthesis as well as generating endogenous heat through increased ATP generation. Thanks to the near-infrared emission of light, the tear lipid layer is increased and stabilized.
LLLT can be safely performed on all patients independent of skin pigmentation and directly treats the eyelids and the periocular area.
Used for Bacterial Elimination
- Blue light energy is absorbed by molecules called porphyrins within bacteria and photosensitization occurs
- Exposure to the light can result in photodynamic inactivation, a process in which bacteria are killed by light
- The membrane-bound porphyrin molecules generate singlet oxygen radicals that damage or disrupt the cell wall of a variety of gram-positive bacteria and lead to cell death
- The relatively weak defense mechanism in bacteria against singlet oxygen induces damage, contributing to the high efficiency of the photodynamic inactivation
Effective Treatment For
Demodex, Blepharitis, Rosacea
Fast and Easy Treatments For Staff and Patients Alike
- It’s fast—a treatment lasts 15’
- It’s painless
- It’s easy and safe for the operator
It’s plug&play—it doesn’t require the operator to be constantly present during the treatment