The SBM Device is the new instrument for the individual analysis of tear film that allows to carry out a quick detailed structural research of the tear composition.
Research on all the layers (Lipid, Aqueous, Mucin) and Meibomian Glands. Thanks to the OCULAR SURFACE ANALYSER it is possible to identify the type of Dry Eye Disease (DED) and determine which components can be treated with a specific treatment, in relation to the type of deficiency
The OSA is designed to do all tear film tests, from the quality of tears to analysis of the meibomian glands.
- Interferometry – The OSA evaluates the quantity and quality of the lipid component on the tear film. The device highlights the lipid layer and the software can analyses Lipid Layer Thickness (LLT).
- Nibut – tear stability evaluation – Through Placid disk projection on patients’ cornea, ICP OSA automatically evaluates tear film stability. The software checks periodically cornea’s shape with the Placid rings and detects any deviation, providing break up time values in an easy and understandable way.
AVG BUT is provided with normograms and, after different analysis, shows the trend line for a useful follow up after treat.
- Meibography – The OSA device can detect the length and width of meibomian glands shown through infrared meibography without requiring any input from the user. The images are then automatically classified.
Tear meniscus height measurement – Assess tear volume with the tear meniscus height measurement.
- Bulbar redness – Acquiring an image of the conjunctiva, it will be possible to compare the patient’s condition with different international grading scales.
- Blink analysis (optional) – To decrease evaluation time, the software automatically detects the lid margin for MG analysis.
- Auto-Nibut (optional) – The OSA Device allows to evaluate tear film stability and regularity, using non-invasive break up time measurement (NIBUT). This measures the number of seconds between one complete blinking and the appearance of the first discontinuity in the tear film.