N-SITE ANALYSIS - HEIDELBERG SPECTRALIS MODULE
You are here
Gain new insights in the course of multiple sclerosis: Episodes of optic neuritis (ON) and multiple sclerosis (MS) cause axonal damage. Changes to the thickness of the retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL) reflect unmyelinated axonal loss and correlate with clinical function as well as physical disability and brain atrophy in multiple sclerosis.
The Nsite Analytics™ software provides a unique analysis of the peripapillary RNFL. Based on the Nsite normative database, a classification color scheme indicates not only axonal loss but also edematous changes.
- Unique NITSN-Scan: Circle scan centers the temporal region on the thickness graph to ensure a focused analysis of the papillomacular bundle.
- Fovea-to-Disc Alignment: All patient images track fovea-to-disc (FoDi) alignment to ensure anatomically accurate start/stop of NITSN data. This helps to minimize variability due to patient head orientation.
- Normative Database: Nsite Axonal Analytics age related normative database.
- Classification Color Scale: Indicates comparison versus Nsite normative database. Both thinning and thickening of RNFL is classified. Additional colors Blue and Purple indicate edematous areas for example during an event of acute optic neuritis.
- N/T Ratio: Ratio of the mean value in the nasal to the temporal sector comparing areas likely to experience change (temporal) to areas likely to be stable (nasal).
- Split Classification Bar: Indicating sectors thicker and thinner than normal.
- PMB sector analysis: Analysis of the papillomacular bundle (PMB) often indicating RNFL thinning in multiple sclerosis.
Visit Window2Brain.com to learn more about the Nsite Analytics software.Body:
Sign up for our mailing list to receive promotions, event notifications, as well as our digital newsletter.
Request a Quote